Sunday, December 17, 2017

Introduction

Hello everyone, and welcome to my new blog! My name is Kyle, and I started this blog as I venture forth into the fascinating world of guitar repair. I started a small, one-man operation here in Tennessee, called Caldwell Guitar Works (CGW). I specialize in guitar wiring, electronics installation and repair, electrical mods, setups, and the like. At the time of this blog entry, I'm not currently doing fret work or wood repair, but that is planned for the near future. I started this small venture back in September of 2017, and I have lots of things planned for the future of my business.

I've been playing guitar for 17 years, and I've always been fascinated by the work that goes into these instruments, and what makes them work. Since this is a new business, I still have many things to learn as I go. I find that the learning process is a big part of what makes this line of work so rewarding. And of course, there's nothing like a perfectly functional, crystal clean sounding, properly intonated and set-up guitar.

I've set up this blog to share my experiences with this line of work, and to show others what I learn along the way. It's also meant to serve as a learning to for other guitar players, and to give you an insight into what makes guitars tick. It's a fascinating topic for me, and I highly enjoy talking about this side of the guitar world, so here we are! I'll use this blog to essentially nerd out on the technical aspects behind guitars, and to find like-minded people who are also fascinated with it.

With that said, I hope you enjoy this blog! I already have a few things I want to cover. My first tech-related post will be coming very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment